December 2, 2011

day twenty & twenty-one

Day 20: a picture of somewhere you'd love to travel

Oh, that's easy!!

Hawaii!


and

Australia!



:)

Day 21: a picture of something you wish you could forget

So, this was a hard one. . . mainly because I was trying too hard to figure out what exactly I wish I could forget!

But I decided to share with you a picture. . .

and this picture is not only tear-jerking to me, but I wish it never happened.

But. . . you can't exactly reverse death, now can you?


My grandpa Joe died this past September, and it killed me inside. I'll admit, I didn't feel like being happy anymore. I felt guilty every time I smiled, or laughed at someone's joke. And I never got to say good bye to him; I took advantage of the time he was here on earth.
But a very good friend of mine told me it was okay to cry. I shouldn't be ashamed to feel sad, but I shouldn't beat myself up for something I can't undo. I should go on with life, knowing that he will always be there. . . I guess my own guardian angel.
I should pray for strength to remember him, and know that he loved me. And listen to music; that was a big one.

The song that will always bring me to tears is "I Want To Hold Your Hand"-Glee style.

"And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."
D&C 84:88

He quoted this scripture to me, explaining that my grandpa would be an angel, bearing me up in time of sorrow.

I will never forget this, although I sincerely wish I could. I wish it didn't happen, but it did.

And life must go on.

I'll always be your little princess, Joe.

And you'll be there, up front and center at my wedding.

Like you promised. . .

only in a different form.

But still.

You'll be there.

I know you will.

<3